Monday, October 20, 2014

Keeping It in the Family



I don't know about you but I NEED to be creative if I don't I am unhappy.  There is something about taking an image from my head and seeing it come to life.

It's really crazy the smell of a glue gun this time of year reminds me of the good old days crafting with my Dad.  I enjoyed selling at craft shows with him.  It was time together that we truly enjoyed.  It was cute to see him get excited when I taught him a painting technique.

I wonder if that is why I have been a little emotional the last few days thinking of my Dad.  He has been gone for almost 3yrs.  He was the glue that held my family together and I didn't even realize it.

I'm blessed that I have wonderful memories of him and crafts that he made for the kids and me. 


He came to visit me in the April before he passed and bought this for me for my birthday.


That July I went to visit him in NY I made this cake for him and his wife.

This was the last time I was able to spend time with him.  I am thankful for that. 

Thanks for sharing these special moments with me.  My dad is part of the reason I am the crafter that I am today.  I do this to honor him. :)  I hope to pass it along to my children.  There is something special about sitting around a table with my children while we all work on a craft project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment